Queer History Days at the Edmonton Public Library Maker space
RSVP On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/1515298188712607/
In anticipation of the 35th anniversary of PRIDE in June 2015, stories are being solicited to recognize the people, places, and events that built the queer community in Edmonton. Please share this opportunity to various queer-friendly groups and organizations and encourage folks to come and share their stories.
Tell us your story! Open your closets and bring out your photos, stories, videos, and memorabilia. Contribute your experience to our collaborative community history project.
In partnership with the Edmonton Public Library, we have secured access to the EPL Makerspace with an array of computers and digital tools to assist you in documenting, recording, and sharing your story. What was Edmonton like over the last half-century or more? Who were the people, where were the places, and what were the events that were foundational in developing the queer community in Edmonton?
Sunday January 11th, 2015 1-5PM
Sunday January 18th, 2015 1-5PM
Sunday January 25th, 2015 1-5PM
Some of the resources available at the EPL Makerspace are:
- Scanners (for digitizing photos, articles, media, resources)
- Classroom Space
- VHS to DVD – (digitizing old movies for archival storage)
- Photography – (For documenting memorabilia, or archive materials)
- Video Cameras – (Filming short vignettes or longer interviews)
- Computers (typing up stories, blogging, etc)
- Sound booths
- Private spaces if anyone wants to record/share anonymously
- An opportunity to collect memorabilia from this event for collection with the City Archives
Do you want to contribute your story but can’t make it to one of the Sunday afternoon sessions? No problem!
The reference librarians will be familiar with our project and will assist you in your storytelling and will ensure that your content is preserved and shared with our collaboration. For further information please email email@example.com