SUPPORT EDMONTON’S QUEER HISTORY PROJECTIn anticipation of the 35th anniversary of PRIDE in 2015, a historical collaboration was initiated by the Institute for Sexual Minority Studies & Services, the Edmonton Pride Festival Society, the Edmonton Heritage Council, and the Edmonton Community Foundation. This collaboration will attempt to capture stories about the people, places, and events that developed the queer community in Edmonton over the past 100 years. We invite you to share your stories, photos, and archives of Edmonton’s queer past to help us reflect, remember, and preserve this often hidden part of our city’s history.The EQHP will be conducting life history interviews and building an online web presence to document and share the stories of decades past.
- Who are the Queer leaders who helped to build and define the LGBTQ* community?
- What are the pivotal moments and memories that shared our queer past and inform our future?
- Where are the most memorable places that define us?
- How did you find your way into Edmonton’s queer community? How did it shape you?
- Why don’t you tell us your story?
Help us remember the past and build the future. Share your stories by contacting Edmontonqueerhistoryproject@gmail.com
*Thank you to Terah Jans for designing our postcard. Please feel free to download and share